Monday, February 17, 2014

Detox Day One

After a rocky start, things seem to be coming around. This morning I woke up hungry and tired. I wasn't sure how I was going to get myself going without coffee, much less without my bowl of hot oatmeal. My fit kit was not actually due to arrive until the afternoon, so I planned on a make-shift "smoothie" for breakfast.  I used a bunch of frozen fruit and almond milk. It was okay, but it did not fill me up. I really needed some protein. I had cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot this weekend, so I had a little of that. All was well with the morning. I was busy and due to head out with the kids, so I was distracted and felt totally fine. I made myself some green tea and we were off ... to tour the potato chip factory. For real. Seriously, who plans a trip to the potato chip factory on the first day of a detox? It wasn't exactly planned, but I wanted to hang out with some friends from NYC, they happened to be going to the cape cod potato chip factory for a tour. If that wasn't hard enough, our next stop was Cape Cod Beer brewery. Again, what was I thinking? As I walked in the door, the smell just about did me in. Did I mention, I LOVE BEER? I'm okay giving it up in the winter (wine is another thing) - but to walk in there, surrounded by the smell and all the happy people drinking their happy beverages. It was hard. But, again, I survived! By the time we left there it was past lunch and nap time. We got home a quarter past starvation and I immediately tore open the Arbonne box sitting on the stoop. Yippee! My food! I popped open the chews and had one. Okay, that was okay. Then I made a chocolate shake with a little almond milk and almond butter. Again, it was okay. I need to sit and look at some recipes for the shakes.  So now it's 3:30 and I'm feeling pretty good. I did have a fizz after I was done with my shake. I'm no longer feeling shaky and hungry. Win!
There's my update from Day 1. Now I need to go shopping and figure out dinners and such. I really am totally unprepared - but so far, I've done okay. Happy detoxing!

Chocolate shake. YUM!?!

No comments: