Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A little off topic to start ...

Perhaps a little off topic, but I would like to say that my favorite time of the day is "potty". Nora has a very funny way of saying potty, I'm not even sure how to describe her accent. The "o" is said kind of like you'd say "muah", if that helps. Anyway, it's not so much how she says it, it's more what she has to say about it. Today, after an apparent battle of epic proportions, Nora exclaimed, "mommy, I'm doooooone!" Which is, quite obviously, my cue to go in there to help with the clean up. When I walk in to find the results of today's work out,  I said, "wow, Nora, nice work". Now here is why this is my favorite part -- she hops off and immediately turns around to inspect the contents of the toilet. I am always very eager to hear how she is going to describe it. It comes, as you know, in various shapes and sizes. It has been described as, "a bunch of little balls", "like a couple of snowmen" or just plain old, "A LOT of poopies, mommy" -- Today, was "two lines and a little ... boop!" She said this very enthusiastically. So joyous.

Anywho ... It's Tuesday and I'm feeling good. One thing that is important to mention about this 30-day challenge, the food is naturally anti-inflammatory. Now, I did not really sign up for this reason. I did not even think about it, to be honest. It is just an added bonus of the deal. Now, I am not saying that I am pain free. But my pain has been greatly reduced. I don't have as much of that achy feeling in my bones and muscles. To be sure, I need a hip replacement. I have zero (yes, zero) cartilage left in my hip. It's painful. But I have less of the debilitating pain at the end of the night. I am not hobbling up the stairs, wincing with every step. That's pretty awesome for someone with chronic pain. I have been meaning to ask my fellow "challengers" if they have been experiencing the same. But that has been my experience.

I bought fixings for a turkey chili. I'm excited to make it and report back. Just today I'm starting to feel really bored of the food I've been eating, so I need to branch out. I also bought ingredients to make some protein bars. Will update on those tomorrow.



No comments: