Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day, um ... Four?

It's probably too early to be losing track of the days -- I'm pretty sure it is day four. My head is a little fuzzy, but not due to shakes or chews or lettuce overload. I'm pretty sure it's not even due to lack of coffee. I've been really good. Last evening I had a small splash of coffee after dinner at the neighbor's house. I think I'm just tired from kid related illnesses (emotional illnesses, ha).  So far, the shake/food thing has been very easy for me. I'm wondering if/when I might get sick of the shakes, but for now, I like them. In fact, each day I am getting better and better at my concoction. I think I mentioned yesterday (I should really read my previous entry before I sit down to write), the key, for me, is more water, more ice, lots of blending.
I also mentioned before that I am doing this whole thing with my mom and my sister. This has been really awesome. We have pretty much a constant stream of chatter about shakes and dinner ideas to "hey, I found some great tea at Caribou!" It has been great to keep in touch and check in throughout the day.
We have crazy bad ice on the ground right now. Hopefully it will be gone soon, as it is 50 degrees today!  But last night, I was taking Addie out and fell in the driveway. I felt like a 90 year old lady in need of a medical alert system. "I've fallen and I can't get up!" It was not funny and I'm sore today. I "pulled" or strained or somethinged my bad hip. Good thing it's getting replaced -- in less than a month! Eek!
On tap tonight: Healthy Happy Hour! We are going to be sampling all the shakes, snacks and drinks for folks who are interested in trying them out.  If you're in my hood and want to come learn how to add protein to your diet, increase energy throughout the day, detox your body - all without dairy, gluten or GMOs, hit me up! It's at 6!


No comments: