Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day Three

Before I move on to Day Three, I should mention what I've been eating (really eating ... like, real food) for dinner the past two nights. Not really necessarily by choice, more by lack of planning and lack of time, I've had a spinach salad with chicken. The first night I had almost nothing in the house. I had made a whole chicken in the crock pot over the weekend, so I put some of that on some spinach, chopped up a red pepper and added some avocado. These are just some things I had around. I actually made it to the grocery store and had planned to do something more exciting, like huevos rancheros (Thanks, mom, for the idea). But yesterday afternoon/evening were a little bit of a nightmare for me, so I just had a repeat of the salad. It was good and filled me up. I went a little heavy on the chicken.  Tonight I'll branch out, I'm sure. 

The start of day 3 here and I'm feeling good. My morning shake was vanilla with a little almond butter, water and ice. I added extra water. It was the best I have had so far. And I don't think I'm just saying that because I am so starving. It was a delightful consistency, not unlike the beloved frappuccino drinks at Sbucks.

I woke up today, retrieved Quinn from his crib, nursed him, had a fizz, fixed breakfasts and lunches, took the dog for a walk (dog sitting this week), came back and made my shake. I didn't even think twice about coffee - or even tea.  I had thought I would have been craving coffee by now, but not so much. It's been okay and I have not had any headaches.

The biggest struggle for me has been the constant feeding of my kids. I am in the kitchen ALL DAY. Meal, snack, meal, snack, snack, snack, meal. Someone is ALWAYS needing something in their mouth. I had never realized how much junk I eat throughout the day. Sandwich crust here, graham cracker there -- all day.  To combat that, I have my almonds around. If I'm tempted, I toss a couple of almonds in my mouth to crunch on. It works. I need to be better about packing them with me though, my purse is loaded with fruit leathers and granola and stuff for the kids.

Another struggle is timing. I have let myself get too hungry the past couple of days. I don't always get to eat when I want to (hello, motherhood!) - So I need to be better prepared to make my shakes or have small snacks to get me through.

Sorry this update is kind of boring. Here's some scenes from our dog sitting adventure ...
This is Addie. She's such a sweet girl.



No comments: